Pages

Apr 20, 2016

Senior Portrait Session



















My first session taking professional senior portraits was at a forest preserve park. I was shooting my brother for his high school graduation pictures. Most of the time I shot at 55mm with an aperture of F5.6. Because it was so bright outside, I shot with a low ISO and a high shutter speed. This allowed for low noise in the images and totally frozen motion in the photographs.

​​
 For senior portraits, the student you're photographing is going to want a photo that reflects their personality in some way. In this case my brother loves coming to this park to fish by the lake and river. He also has a particular love for a spot a little ways off a path through the woods. To reflect this, we took the photos by some of his favorite fishing spots and the places that he loved most in the park.

​​
Because his childhood was filled with time spent in the forests of New York climbing trees, my brother really wanted to have a photo that included lots of trees. The forest preserve was the perfect place.

​​

No comments:

Post a Comment